Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blast From The Past

I painted this chair one semester when I was staying at my parent's and not taking classes. I couldn't find a job for just 3 or 4 months, and I REALLY needed a project. It was inspired by Mary Englebright and Alice in Wonderland. :) I painted the desk a year later in the summer of 2004. They were well-loved for the 2 1/2 years I was in school at Auburn, and when I moved to Huntsville and had to choose between storing them or giving them away, I decided to give them to some great girls I know. They're still well-loved, so I think I made the right choice. :) I come across fun painted furniture all the time in my blog-walking, and I realized that I didn't even have pictures of some of my first projects. I'm trying to track them down, and I'll share one every now and then as I get them. I hope everyone else's week is going faster than mine. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ahh...what a sweet story! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Barb from Wed. Link Party..I came over to see your blog..I loveyour blog..You have soo many good ideas!!.. I hope you will pop over to my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & see if you find any inspiration for your family/home.
    I'm going to have a Link Party Monday April 12th & would love for you to come join.
    We are calling it: My Creative Space Mondays @ Santa’s Gift Shoppe
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a funky desk and chair. I love it. I can see Mary Engelbreit in it.. Good job.

    Erin
    thenormanfive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly - these are so cute!!!!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete