Monday, May 3, 2010

May Flowers and My Wreath

(This post has three unrelated thoughts which will come together to make sense by the end of the post. Promise.)

Thought 1: Remember my Spring Wreath?

I've had it for about a month now, and that's about as long as my attention span can handle. So I've been thinking of changing it, but I wasn't sure what else I wanted to do with it.

Thought 2: I LOVE fabric flowers. In fact my second post on this blog was about fabric flowers. But I haven't done anything with them. The only flowers I've tried so far are the kind on the spring wreath. So with May coming up, I was toying with the idea of doing a May Flowers feature this month and showing (or more likely referencing) a new flower each day of the month. I even came up with a button for it:


But trying to get a new post up every day is more than impractical, it's impossible, so that idea never really took flight. Which is sad, cause I thought a month of May Flowers would be a lot of fun.

Thought 3: Then today I was flipping through my reader and came across this post over at LollyChops. And I absolutely fell in love with this new wreath she's done:


Check out the close-up. Isn't it incredible?


She e
ven has a few flowers similar to those on my spring wreath (see the white one below?).


Combining the thoughts: I think I'm going to take the flowers I already have on my spring wreath, make up some more of the others that I've been wanting to make (a LOT being from Lolly Chops, in fact) and revamp my wreath LollyChops-style. Since I'm still in the middle of about, oh, 5 projects, we'll see how this turns out. I'll try to update as I try new flower tutorials, as a compromise on a new May flower post every day. I would LOVE if you would leave me links to some of your favorite flower tutorials that you think would work for this new wreath-vision. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. I gotta say... I just love your wreath Kelli! I cannot wait to see how you dress it up even more!

    I hope you'll share how to make that green swag! it's KILLER COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a paper flower link that I love. I'll have to find it for you and come back later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is super cute. Lollychops is insane too.

    Thanks for entering the V&CO giveaway today.

    Good Luck!

    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend that has an Etsy business selling fabric flower jewelry she makes. I think I've mention her before. The lovely Nicole of Flora Bond. Anyway, I don't own her tutorial, since I've been blessed to see her make many, many, many rosettes in person, but I know she recently gave away her tutorial to tons of her blog readers. If you drop her a blog comment at http://florabond.blogspot.com I'm sure she would be able to help you out (since you're my friend, and she's my friend too). If you are interested, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog!! I have been in the situation that you described and can relate! I'll be praying!.......Beautiful wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, girls!
    Katie, I'd love to see the tute if you can find it! My wreath is behind my storm door, so paper is totally do-able and I LOVE to mix textures!
    Larissa, I hope I win, too! I've mostly given up entering giveaways, but here's hoping. :)
    Les, I just went over and begged! Thanks for the tip. I'd love to do a few of a TON of different styles.
    And Bonnie, thank you so much for your prayers! I definitely need them for this one. Well, and always, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete