Friday, June 18, 2010

Banana Muffins

I used to cook. Really. And bake as well. But lately all my cooking involves pre-packaged freezer meals and all my baking involves cake mixes. To every time a season, I suppose.

Last night I decided to experiment with a cake mix banana bread recipe I found at Trendy Treehouse, and I am SO glad I did!

Here is her basic recipe with my tweaks (be sure to check hers out as well if you want a more traditional bread!):

Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
cake mix (I used a white cake mix I had on hand)
1 pkg banana pudding (3.5 oz)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease muffin tins (small or large, but two pans)
Mash bananas then add all ingredients
Mix well and scoop into muffin tins
Sprinkle a small amount of turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw) onto the top of the muffins


Doesn't it look delicious?


Cook for 20-22 min (or more or less depending on your oven), let cool, and you are done!


Meg suggests lots of possibilities with cake mix flavors and mix-ins, so hop on over and see some of her ideas. I had to take one pan into work so that we wouldn't eat them all at home, so I definitely give this baking venture an A+.

If you try it, let me know how it turns out and what variations you try. Happy Baking!

2 comments:

  1. they look so good! If my husband was more of a banana lover, I'd be all over this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm looks good! Gave you an award at my blog
    kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete