Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ten on Tuesday - March 27

1.  I'm getting overwhelmed with trying to bring order to my house.  So I've decided to pick just one motto and work toward that: A Place for Everything, and Everything in Its Place.  So right now I'll try to focus on grouping like with like and making a "home" for all our stuff.  Also, while I do that, declutter, declutter, declutter.

2.  I've decided to do project life.  I think it's not too late to catch up this year.  I've been keeping my 5-year journal and doing Ten on Tuesday posts for both this blog and our family blog, so I should be able to piece it together.  And my goal is more of a smash-journal than a family scrapbook.  It will include family events, but it will be focused more on preserving the memories I want to be able to reminisce on in ten years than in making something to show off to friends and family.

3.  I came across a recipe for refrigerator oatmeal the other day, and I can't wait to try it.  She gives several flavor combinations that she's tried, and I was intrigued by a peanut butter product she recommended.  I'd seen it before, but with no explanation.  Apparently it's powdered peanut butter, and the reviews are glowing.  So I'll be trying that shortly.

4.  My hubby took me on a date on Friday!  We went to see The Hunger Games.  And I loved it.  I've been a fan of the books for a few years now, so I was very excited when I heard they were making a movie, but also a little concerned about how the story would translate to the big screen.  And I have to say that they did a phenomenal job.  One of the best adaptations I've seen.  And since it's done so well on opening weekend, I'm pretty sure they'll do the next two as well.  Yay!

5.  Check out this tip I saw on pinterest.  Apparently, you can make canned frosting into decorator frosting by adding powdered sugar.  Has anyone tried this?

6.  There's a font roundup in the works.  Look for that in the next few days.

7.  Last fall, one of my friends sent me a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils.  It's awesome.  And it's been quite useful since I can never seem to find a pencil when I need one.  Plenty of pens, but not pencils.  I think I see some of these projects with them in the very near future. 
 
8.  I think I need a new purse.  I'm not much of a purse girl.  I get one purse every few years and then run it into the ground.  So I'm looking for something neutral.  And I've got my eye on this one.  I kind of like this color, too.   

9.  I got a new app to track my runs.  I thought all I really needed from my running app was a final time and distance, but I think I'm sold on this one.  At each mile, it tells me the distance, time, and average pace.  Since I started wearing an armband instead of carrying my phone, I'd given up on being able to track during a run, so this is a nice feature.

10.  I have a pumpkin muffin recipe that I absolutely love, and it is SO easy.  (You just mix one can of pumpkin puree with one box of spice cake mix.  Spoon into cupcake liners in a 12-muffin tin and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.)  And I am on the lookout for a pumpkin pancake mix that is just as easy and hopefully slightly healthier.  I just know it's out there.  It's a personal quest.

2 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin pancakes! When we were visiting Kari in Reno they took us to the place called Famous Pam's, or something like that, and I ordered pumpkin pancakes. Oh.My.Gosh. They were so good. I about died and went to heaven. So, if you find that recipe, you better share it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok how have I never heard of that app?! I am totally going to have to try that! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Oh and btw come on over and follow along (if youd like) my blog all about color! I think you’d really enjoy it!

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete