Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Life is Precious

No Ten on Tuesday today.  I can't brainstorm 10 things because my mind keeps going back to ONE thing.  I found out yesterday that a friend of mine passed away this weekend.  I've mentioned her a few times.  My friend Natalie was trying to start a photography business, so she captured some of my favorite pictures of Lincoln.  She said she wanted to grow her portfolio, but I knew we were getting the better end of that deal.  When my carpal tunnel got so terrible while I was pregnant with Mason, she crocheted the little red beanie I envisioned for his newborn session, which she also did for us.  She made me that amazing cupcake specimen art I love in my kitchen.  And she was the friend I'd roped into going to that convention to get my favorite author's autograph.  She had a 2-year-old son, and she was pregnant with a little girl.  She loved that little boy so much, and she was so excited to craft girly creations.  I don't have the details, but it appears to have been the result of complications with her pregnancy.  I've had so many friends and acquaintances lately with complications in pregnancy that came through fine that I'd forgotten that modern medicine, while miraculous, does not change the fact that as mothers we walk through the valley of the shadow of death when we have our sweet babies.  They weren't able to save Natalie's daughter Isabell, either.  I can't imagine what her husband is going through right now.  My heart breaks again each time I think of some new detail of this tragedy.  Please keep her family in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you have some sweet things to remember her by though. I will keep you as well as her family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete