2. The livingsocial deal today is $10 for $50 to spend at VistaPrint. I bought it, and you can, too! If three people use my link, I get it for free, but check it out regardless. I've ordered from them before, and I was really happy with the service and quality. I'm excited to get some postcards with a picture of the boys to send out.
3. I really want to make this scrapbook paper tree. Just add it to the list I'm getting farther and farther behind on.
4. I got a root canal last Thursday. It was my third, but I think my worst. Never had a root canal? Read about them here. It's a pretty clinical description. See me for a more vivid account, if you're interested. As my husband described it, when I was wondering if the pain was normal 3 days later, "a great violence has been done to your mouth."
5. Am I the last one to hear about dot painting for kids? It's like using bingo markers to make dots to fill in a shape. Clever! Here's a roundup of free printable shapes and a link to kid-specific markers (rather than actual bingo markers).
6. I started a quilt for Mason while I was preggo, but I got such terrible carpal tunnel syndrome in my last few months that I had to stop for a while. Then when I got the sewing machine back out, I kind of burned out on other more pressing projects. Now I'm starting to get the quilting bug again, but that simple quilt for Mason just seems daunting now that I realize how much further I have to go - I keep seeing even simpler ideas! I need to just suck it up and finish. And I will. And I'll post a picture when I do.
7. I am seriously coveting this iPhone Rangefinder and lenses. It turns your iPhone into a slightly more robust camera. Not quite DSLR, but I'm afraid I'd get one and then leave it on Auto. This way I get some lens options AND ease of use AND portability.
8. My FAVORITE author, Lois McMaster Bujold (she wrote the first sci-fi series I ever read, and I have reread MANY of those books upwards of 5 or 6 times), is going to be the Guest of Honor at Deep South Con 50 here in Huntsville in June. (Is my nerdiness showing a bit?) At first I balked at the registration fee, but then I got a friend to agree to tag along with me and make an outing of it, so I'm thinking I'll be getting those autographs (one for my sis) after all. It'll be my first con (is that the lingo?), so let me know if there's some secret handshake I need to learn.
9. I roughly followed this tutorial (http://www.
10. And finally, here's that Alabama printable I mentioned last week. If you don't like the colors, tough. War Eagle!
(Just kidding. I'll customize the colors; within reason. But I define "reason." Just leave a comment.)