1. I'm addicted to Pinterest. Since I (so far) put a lot of the great ideas I find into action, I think it's manageable for now. But I might need a ten-step course pretty soon.
2. Fueled, in part, by Pinterest, I'm now wholly addicted to fonts. I find more cool fonts all the time. There's a font round-up in the works, but in the meantime, check out this selection of roundups from my "digital freebies" Pinterest board:
monster truck cake. I have every intention of doing something similar to revamp my changing seasons wreath for the summer (maybe something kind of like this).
4. Last week, my friend Natalie made me the most amazing cupcake specimen art for my kitchen. She was inspired by this one at Patches of Pink. Didn't it turn out great?
It's the central piece for the latest iteration of my kitchen wall revamp that's been a work in progress for almost 5 years now. More on that later.
5. If you're interested in making your own specimen art, here's a link to Natalie's tutorial for a butterfly one she did.
6. My renewed interest in blogging has also created in me a desire to revamp my blog header. I'm actually still pretty happy with my overall blog layout, but I want something a little less amateurish for the header. (I like to think the layout is "simple" rather than "amateurish," but I have no illusions about the header.) I'd like to put my budding PSE (Photoshop Elements) skills to work. So add that to the list of things to come.
7. Have you seen these ideas for 5-year journals? There are other variations floating around as well. The important aspect to me is to write down only one thing each day. Do that for five years and see how things have changed. How clever! But index cards seem impractical, and I was hesitated too long to get the book in a reasonable time, so I just decided to do my own variation in a google document. I write one thing each day (or for the past 2 or 3 days, occasionally), and then leave it until tomorrow. It breaks journal-keeping into something I think I can maintain better long-term.
8. Speaking of journaling, is anyone doing Project Life? I haven't done a lot of research, mostly because I tanked at scrapbooking and didn't want to be reminded of that failure. But I find myself intrigued.
9. Any recommendation for iPhone camera apps? I've been using Camera+ a lot lately, but I'm wondering if there's something a little more robust and user-friendly.
10. I'm looking for a 5k to run in the area in the late May time frame. We'll be out of town over Memorial Day, unfortunately. Though, if there's a 5k in Boston Memorial Day weekend, that might actually be perfect. Any suggestions for either Huntsville or Boston?