1. We saw Star Wars on Opening Day. Not a midnight showing because we're too old for that stuff, but we're still fans. ;)
2. No spoilers, but I will say I'm way more on board with Reagan's nickname being Rea than I was before I saw Rey in The Force Awakens. I thought "Ray" seemed kind of masculine. But Rey is awesome. I actually feel a little smug about being 9 months ahead of the trend I see coming.
3. I just looked at my last post and realized it's already been 2 months. To follow-up on our movie-viewing, Inside Out is now on constant repeat in our house as well. I DID cry a little the first time I watched it, so I appreciated the warning.
4. The Polar Express was also pretty popular this month.
5. And Star Wars, of course. We got all the first 6 on digital. And we got Star Wars Rebels. And Star Wars Droid Tales. Droid Tales is hilarious.
6. Thanksgiving and Christmas were wonderful. I hope everyone else enjoyed their holidays as much as I did. We actually had a postponed Thanksgiving because the big family dinner was on Sunday, so Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Tyler and I painted 2 rooms in the house and installed shadowbox wainscoting in one of them.
7. Speaking of which, the premade shadowboxes are worth every. single. penny. Even if I did have some sticker shock when I got to the register.
8. My parents are in town for Christmas, and the kids are loving it. On Wednesday night, I announced that it was time for haircuts, and Mason started fussing about it until my dad said, pointing to his buzz cut, "I'll do it! You want a haircut like mine?" And Mason calmed right down and took him up on it. Then Lincoln thought it looked cool and wanted a matching one, too. Dad's offered to give me that haircut for years now, and he finally got 2 takers. Tyler and I passed, and Reagan doesn't have much more hair to begin with.
9. Aside from general holiday festivities like cookie decorating and cookie eating, we've also been playing a lot of Splendor, if anyone is looking for a game recommendation.
10. On Christmas Eve we walked to the park because it was such a gorgeous day, and on Christmas Day, we got record rainfall resulting in flooding. "Welcome to the South, where the weather is made up, and the Seasons don't matter."